HAPPY NEW YEAR! I’m not much of the new year resolution-making type, but I DO have some ideas on how I want to approach life this year, and of course it starts with the mindset. So here goes (I hope you find them helpful!):
1. Practice gratitude daily! No matter your situation there is SOMETHING for which you ought to be thankful. Even the most disastrous situations carry within them small mercies, you just need to find them and show gratitude.
2. Remember that tomorrow is new day. Instead of beating yourself up about the failures of today, decide to do better tomorrow.
3. You have the power to make a difference. No matter how small, make a difference in some way, or to someone.
4. Forgive! It makes you happier. Remind yourself that forgiveness is for you, not the other person. Also be reminded that forgiveness is an attitude more than it is an act. It is something that you sometimes have to remind yourself to BE and not so much to DO.
5. Believe that good things are going to happen. You attract what you think. Think pleasant, optimistic thoughts.
6. Have no expectations. They lead to disappointment. Do the best you can with what you have. Allow others to do the same.
That’s it. Short and sweet. I wish you an excellent 2016, filled with love, hope, gratitude, grace and peace.